Module 5: The Case Manager & Reporting
The Case Manager & Reportin
- Module 5 -
Read the description of case managers below and complete the Mentor Training quiz for module 5.
- Identify relevant responsibilities of a Case Manager
- Become familiar with monthly reporting requirements
Case Managers exist to support you and your mentoring relationship. They are your first line of defense and can help answer questions or concerns you might have. Case management refers to the “oversight practices employed by a program that lead to active mentor matches and successful Cadet placement” within the Post-Residential Phase.
Case Manager’s Duties
Case Managers work diligently to help mentors and mentees maintain their relationship through the post residential phase. They will:
- Maintain monthly communication with mentors and mentees through receipt of the monthly report
- Maintain contact with the mentor, mentee, and others who can verify placement activities
- Confirm mentee’s placement in work, military, school, or volunteer activities
- Follow mentee’s placement in the military
- If no monthly report is received, the case manager will call the mentor and/or parent for a verbal report
- Help with communication between mentor and mentee when needed
- Perhaps most importantly, Case Managers act as Cadet advocates, helping them to stay on the right track and make progress in attaining their P-RAP goals, assisting in NGYCP’s mission of producing program graduates with the skills, education, and self-discipline necessary to succeed as adults.
After graduation, the mentee and mentor will begin sending in monthly reports. Full-time placement is required. Turning in the monthly report is the best way for us to know how the mentee is doing. Veteran mentors suggest sitting down with the mentee and filling out the report together is the best way to be accurate in the reporting.
There are four ways to submit your report.
- Electronically – You may visit the msyouthchallenge.org web-site to submit the report.
- Mail – Please call the office for paper reports
- Email – You may email your paper report to your case manager or to the mentor coordinator
- Fax – You may fax your paper report to 601-558-2109.
Case Managers Email Addresses
- Alpha – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bravo – email@example.com
- Charlie – Lclark@msyouthchallenge.org
- Delta – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foxtrot – email@example.com
- Golf – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel – email@example.com
Mentor Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to our website msyouthchallenge.org
Hover over Mentor Resources Click on the report you wish to send
Click on the report you wish to send